Thursday, June 5, 2008

Catch a falling star and .....

So my sweet little Jarron has has a couple of rough days! He seems to really be having a hard time with the whole "listen to your mom" bit. We have been butting heads, needless to say. So tonight I realized that we were out of milk, well if you know Cobey he NEEDS his milk! So I got the kids in their jammies and headed to the gas station, while we were driving you could see the moon so clearly and I pointed it out to the boys. It was just a "sliver" of the moon but you could see the shadow of the full moon behind it( if that makes any sense?) It looked cool. So I called it a "sliver of the moon" and Jarron laughed and said, "I call it a toenail moon!!" he thought he was pretty funny and laughed for a minute. It got kind of quiet and I thought maybe they were going to sleep, but then Jarron said to me in his oh so cute, innocent I just want to pick you up and squeeze you voice...." mommy, will you catch a star for me?" My heart melted! Some days I just don't know what to do with him, then I have moments like that and I know why I am soooooo lucky to be his mommy:) I love you bears!!

11 comments:

cheree said...

So sweet!! Kids are the best and they can be the worst!! Love Jarron's new haircut, so cute!! So did you get the e-mail on the Bangerter family reunion? Are you guys going?

cheree said...

me again, I love your new back ground, where did you get it from? And did Jarron even get a haircut in that picture? It just looked like it!

Hyde Family said...

Don't they just know how to get ya? Moments like these make all the other "hard" times well worth it! He is adorable!

Jill said...

Don't ya just love how they go from boogers to sweetness! Your babies are adorable! Your little guy, Cobey (?) looks just like you!
Love ya, miss ya!!

Dawn said...

So cute! I miss him and the rest of your family. You NEED to come and visit, SOON!

Jill said...

psst...I tagged you!!

Stacee said...

Oh, I miss him already! But don't worry, "I LIKE YOU COBEY PENNER!" Please send him on a plane to my house!!!

Lindsay Spencer said...

OH, that's so cute. I am the same way with my Carter. Some days I want to run away and then he says something that melts my heart. The other day we went swimming and when he seen me in my swimsuit he said "MOM! You look GOOD!" It was the best compliment ever.

The Sumkos said...

Oh, I hear ya on that! Dax has been a TERROR lately and there are some days that I could just run away. But then he has these sweet little moments that are so cute - I swear it's a bipolar rollercoaster! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

How cute is he!!! I love his little smile! Kids say the best things. you just hope you never forget it! You should call me at times like that...then you don't have to haul them out in their pjs. Seriously, that's what neighbors are for : )

James and Whitney said...

He is so dang cute! I am so glad you posted that because my kids have the whole "listening problem" too and that just makes me feel so much better that you are dealing with the same thing!