Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So funny story..... this morning I was on the ball, I had the kids in the van ready to take Jarron to school, all of our recycling goods loaded up to go help "save the planet", dry cleaning ready to go get dropped off, a few returns to get done and what do ya know....... my van won't start!!!!!! SERIOUSLY?! So the funny thing about this story is that you would think that my first concerns would be getting Jarron to school or getting all my erands ran, oh no.... my frist panic thought was " Oh crap! I can't go get my diet coke this morning and I don't have any in the house?!?!? " Yes I have a problem, I am addicted!!!! I seriously went into panic mode! Luckily I have a very handy neighbor, Amy:) She saved my life today and as you can see in the pic. she knew how to do a man's work, she jump started my van!! YEA:) She was a lifesaver today and lots of other days!!! Thanks Amy, I owe you!! So I ended up getting to "Check-her-auto parts" and a nice young gentleman was able to get me a new battery and even put it in for me:) I think he knew I needed some help! Diet Coke anyone? I am learning very quickly to laugh at my life!!!!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Gotta have that Diet Coke! Good thing for Amy! Your San Diego pictures looks like a blast. It looks like you had some good adventures to go along with ALL your fun and yummy food! Glad you got to get a way and enjoy yourself. Oh and poor Jarron! He looks so cute with his cast on. He looks so proud. I hope the drama of the Penner family has past! Hope you have a fun Halloween.

brandif10 said...

Only you!!! I love that you took pictures though! Caffeine...ah sweet caffeine. I am so impressed that you are blogging so much. I love the pictures.

Stacee said...

I'm so jealous you have neighbors that you know and are nice! You are such a dork. You and Chirs and your refills....you keep shifty's in buisness!!!

Kristi said...

I hear ya, sometimes you just need theat pick me up! I do every mroning!!

Kaylyn said...

DARCI!! It's Kaylyn from beauty school. Wow, I don't even know how I made my way to your blog. I love looking for people I know, so I always find myself clicking on peoples links....and here you are! How are things going? I haven't seen you in like a thousand years. It will be great to get to keep in touch, you have such a cute family!

Come on over to our little corner of the internet and check us out. :)
www.highlandscotherns.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Kinda reminds me of a few years back as roomates and you having car problems!! Except none of knew what we were doing (well Laura did, but she was always gone with Brady!). And your parents were too far away! Oh those were the days!!

The Sumkos said...

That is so something that would happen to me and I hear ya on the Diet Coke, that's how I start my day off! Look at you and Stace taken your girl trips, I am so jealous!! Looks like you guys had fun, that's so neat!

Amy Lou said...

I FREAKING LOVE YOU DARCE :) You are hilarious... Glad you got your car working!! Now the christmas lights??? Are those working?! LOL Your San Diego trip looked like a BLAST.. Especially PINK BERRY!! Oh that stuff is liquid gold I tell ya... I had so much fun doing your hair.. If it is too bright let me know and I will come over on my lunch and we can slap some color on there!!! NOT EVEN KIDDING!!! Love ya woman!!!!!!